Beginning SUNDAY, MAY 31 AT 11:00, our church will gather once again to worship our Glorious KING JESUS in the presence of one another!
Jesus has a very different vision and purpose for HIS followers. Jesus intends His followers to live in community where love of neighbor and humility rise high above things like opinions and personal preferences. In the tenth chapter of the Gospel of Mark we see Jesus dealing with a dispute about personal privilege that arose among His disciples. Mark 10:42-45 (MSG) Jesus got them together to settle things down. “You’ve observed how godless rulers throw their weight around,” he said, “and when people get a little power how quickly it goes to their heads. It’s not going to be that way with you. Whoever wants to be great must become a servant. Whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. That is what the Son of Man has done: He came to serve, not to be served—and then to give away his life in exchange for many who are held hostage.”
With these words from our LORD guiding us, we will gather on Sundays, with limited-seating capacity. We will do this following our Governor’s ongoing requirements and many of the recommendations. Here is what you can expect:
- We will continue to livestream our 11:00 AM service on YouTube. We have no plans to end this!
- Because we have the resource of livestreaming, please know that you have the freedom to choose to worship at home if that is best for you and your family. We consider you to be with us worshiping as one body of Christ whether at home or in person!
- If anyone in your home is currently unwell, we are asking everyone in that household to please stay home and enjoy our livestream worship service.
- Doors will open at 10:30 AM
- We are encouraging everyone to wear masks, but not requiring this. The church will not be providing masks. I (Pastor Joe) will be wearing a mask except for when I am speaking from the stage.
- Everyone is urged to continuously practice safe spatial distancing of at least six-foot.
- The River-Café will be closed as well as all water fountains. You are welcome to bring your own beverage with you. Please use a lid!
- There will be no preschool, children’s, youth, or adult classes meeting. Activity bags for children will be provided. The “Family Room” will be closed.
- Once you park and get out of your car, you will be greeted by a parking lot attendant directing you to the pathway for entering the building.
- You will be asked that as you and your family stand on the sidewalk awaiting entry, that you keep one “sidewalk rectangle” between you and the people in front of you.
- Once in the building you will be directed how to proceed into the Auditorium. Seats will be set up in “clusters”. Please choose a cluster that matches the number of seats your family/group needs.
- Once the Auditorium reaches “spatial distancing” capacity, you will be directed to overflow seating space where you will enjoy our livestream worship together.
- Once all overflow space has reached capacity our Elders will close the building and no one else will be permitted in the building.
- We will be providing disinfecting wipes in all open bathrooms and are asking everyone to wipe down any surface with which you or your family make contact. Please dispose of used wipes in trash receptacles and not in the toilet.
- Patience, Longsuffering, and Compassion are needed to be demonstrated by all!
I am giving thanks to the LORD as I think about us demonstrating humility and great love for one another. I feel so blessed to be your Pastor!
page topics: covid, coronavirus