Lowcountry C.A.R.E.S. Ministries (formerly Midland Park Community Ministries) is a 501c3 organization created in 2002 by Riverbluff Church to minister to families in need. We provide emergency assistance for basic needs (food, clothing, limited financial assistance) and provide job information along with other community services. In 2015 we increased our services to the tri-county area targeting North Charleston and surrounding cities doubling the number of families assisted on a monthly basis. We have a small part-time staff and depend on volunteers, so there are many ways you can help!
- Non-perishable foods collected weekly at Riverbluff (see Sunday bulletins and The City for details).
- Clothing of all sizes (accessories, shoes, etc.)
- Small household items (NO furniture or toys)
- Plastic grocery bags
- Financial donations are always accepted, which are tax deductible
- All types of foods are picked up at retails partners several times weekly (Food Lion, Publix, Panera Bread) and brought back to the food pantry
- Additional help and substitutes needed
Volunteer service during food pantry hours
- Sort clothing
- Pack food bags
- Administrative work with clients (requires training)
- Special need for bilingual (Spanish) speaking volunteers on 2nd and 4th Saturdays
- Substitutes are needed in all areas
- This team is tasked to develop 3-4 events per year under the guidance of the Board of Directors to raise needed funds and create awareness in the community. Team members develop ideas and enlist others to help.